The 6th edition of the AUG conference will be hosted at Campus Biotech on October 31 and November 1, 2018.
Organized jointly by the University of Geneva (UNIGE), the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) and the Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève (HUG) under the umbrella the i2b2/tranSMART Foundation, this traditional event brings together the community of clinicians, academics, researchers and engineers using i2b2 and/or tranSMART to leverage the development of personalized medicine from all over Europe and beyond.
Two days of conference with prestigious speakers will explore – in the context of i2b2 and/or tranSMART implementations – hot topics such as:
• data-driven integration of research from bench to bedside and backwards;
• big data challenges for healthcare;
• networking data for better care;
• extending data repositories beyond clinical data;
• protection of health data privacy and security;
• data governance and ethical aspects of data warehousing (notably with respect to the new European GDPR);
• bringing new academic prototypes to operational settings (challenges in deployments, testing and maintenance);
• patients’ view on the benefits of reusing their data for research;
The i2b2 European local organizing committee is working closely with the Foundation’s Working Group on Events to make this another great Foundation event!